Maybe Jose Aldo can replace him?
Eyebrows were raised when Conor McGregor announced his pay-per-view interview. Although we thought people wouldn’t pay just to hear McGregor speak, they did, and by the thousands.
Sitting in front of 5,000 fans in Manchester, England, ‘The Notorious’ proved why he has that nickname. Blasting the UFC during an explicit rant, McGregor also took aim at Floyd Mayweather and the WWE.
Following the big success of his first PPV interview, McGregor was scheduled for another big sit down. This time, in his home nation of Ireland, McGregor charged around $140 USD per person.
After some ‘unforeseen circumstances,’ McGregor has pulled out of his Friday show. The report, as per The Irish Examiner:
Vegas Over Ireland?!?
A €104-a-head evening with Conor McGregor scheduled for Dublin this Friday has been cancelled, writes Stephen Barry.
The event was announced a week ago and quickly sold-out, but a statement from the Red Cow Moran Hotel and Industry Entertainment said that McGregor has had a last-minute change of schedule due to circumstances beyond their control.
The UFC lightweight champion will instead be in Las Vegas on Friday.
The organisers said: “(we) would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope that a new date for this special evening will be set in the not too distant future.”
All ticket holders who purchased tickets via TicketStop.ie will be automatically refunded. Those who booked through the Red Cow Moran Hotel can contact them via 01 4593650 or at email@example.com.
A similar Q&A-style event with McGregor held in Manchester last month sold 5,000 tickets, ranging in price from £25 (€29) to £300 (€353). The event was also streamed online at a cost of £3.99 (€5).
Return To Fighting?
Honestly, with all the success he’s experiencing just from talking on TV, why would Conor McGregor return to the UFC? Clearly he cares little about Dana White’s threats, so a boxing match with Mayweather is indeed likely.