UFC president Dana White was asked if Conor McGregor turned down a rematch at UFC 200 with Nate Diaz, his response was straight to the point…
The hype and tension surrounding UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor and his rival Nate Diaz came to boiling point on March 5. The two trash talking mixed martial artists threw down to end a brief but eventful pre-fight hype train, with the result being as shocking as McGregor’s swift rise to UFC stardom.
As possibly the most promoted fighter in modern mixed martial arts, McGregor steamrolled his way to the UFC 196 main event on a massive hype train. Perhaps we’d all bought in to it as well, but not Diaz. The Stockton brawler put an end to all that business in no time.
The internet was a buzz of memes and trolling MMA fans who had been waiting impatiently for McGregor to falter, and now they had their chance. All that aside, the Irishman remained humble in defeat.
Here were his comments about potentially rematching Diaz in the future:
“I’m ready to go again,” McGregor told TMZ. “I had a great time. It was a good fight, a hell of a fight. I look forward to coming back with a vengeance.”
“I think I’d like to see that, yea?” McGregor said of a future rematch with Diaz. “I mean, it’s one that interests me, most certainly. You know, when I look at the fight I was winning the fight. I won the first round and a half, I feel. I’d love to get that one back. We’ll see how it goes. Money talks. Life is good.”
But numerous outlets have been reporting that McGregor refused a rematch with Nate Diaz, and today the question was posed to UFC president Dana White…
continue the story