Since sports betting is such a popular gambling option, more and more online casinos are now deciding to give it a chance and offer it to their players. Today with the pandemic and the lockdowns we go through – having the possibility to bet on sports online is an excellent opportunity for many.
Even though this betting option receives such attention and popularity, many find it to be a bit challenging at the beginning. That is why we created this guide – to help you master the game and learn everything you need to know in order to increase your winning chances. Let’s start with the basics.
Sports Betting Explained
So, for starters, you need to know that sports betting mainly revolves around placing a bet on the outcome of a game or an event that is about to start. Players try to predict the results and make their guess as to what the end outcome will be. All players can see their odds in a sportsbook and determine whether their bet is worth the trouble.
The sportsbook offers various different sports to try out your luck. From soccer, NFL, NBA, rugby, cricket, and whatnot. The opportunities are almost endless; you just need to find the right online casino and the right sport to bet on. Take Mr Play, for instance. That casino, and others similar to it, offer sports betting as a betting option, and they don’t stop there. They have loyalty programs, welcome bonuses, and a great selection of other games too. No way are you getting bored.
Now, as for sports betting, there are different betting types too. The most widely popular one is choosing the winning side of the event or match. Luckily, there are other additional betting types for you to consider when playing. This takes us to the next point.
Understanding Bet Types
After you get into sports betting, you will notice there are other different types of betting, and with experience, these will all be relatively easy to master. Here are the main ones you should familiarize yourself with.
- Moneyline – you pick the winner, and the favorites have unfavorable odds like -110, and the underdogs have favorable odds such as +120;
- Over/Unders – you pick the total points scored in one game or event;
- Accumulators – this is a wager a player can make on four or more outcomes placed on one ticket. In order for your ticket to be a winner, all your games and predictions must be correct. If you made one wrong choice – the entire ticket is disqualified;
- Parlays – in this case, you play two or more bets on one ticket. Just like with accumulators – all your bets must be correct in order to win some money. These are seen as higher risk wagers, but they bring the chance for bigger wins;
- If/Reverse – this is a chain reaction – you need to decide on two or more bets together; if you get the first right, then the second one is considered as correct too. Furthermore, if the first is incorrect or a loser – the chain is immediately stopped, and you can’t place any additional bets;
- Live Betting – this is probably one of the most popular types of bets today. You can place your bets after the game or event has started or after an action has occurred. What makes this type of bet even more exciting is the fact that the bet odds move fast as the game progresses.
Why is Sports Betting so Popular?
The answer to this question may differ for each player, but the fact stands – there is rarely a person who hasn’t tried sports betting at least once. And rarely who stops there. Here are a few of the most common reasons why people enjoy this so much, and keep on coming back for more.
First comes the entertainment aspect of it all. There is no denying it, betting on sports is fun, making the whole watching ceremony much more exciting. Sports events are fun even without gambling, but by adding an opportunity to win some real money to the equation will result in a thrilling experience. Who wouldn’t want that, right?
Second, comes the profit potential. If you do guess the outcome of the game, you will win money. This is understandably one of the main reasons why people like to place bets on their favorite sports events. The probabilities are high, and that is what makes players eager to come back and place another bet.
Next is the challenge. You pick your favorite sport, then pick the team or player that you think will win the game, and you earn your money. The challenge is to stay in the game as a winner long enough to make real profits. This mental challenge is stimulating, and many find it to be quite satisfactory.
Finally, the fourth and final reason is the simplicity of the entire process. Over time you will know all the types and all the betting options. This makes the whole experience easy to handle and fun to play. You choose a trustworthy online casino that offers the possibility for sports betting, and in just a few clicks and forms, you are in.
Additional Information Players Should Know
Betting on sports in online casinos is legal, so you don’t need to worry about breaking any laws while enjoying the experience.
It would be best if you informed yourself well about your odds of winning to know how much you play for. Online casinos provide this piece of information easily, and they make sure everyone knows their winning odds.
Each player should have realistic expectations and play with a budget they can really afford. Set aside a weekly or monthly amount that you can spend on this activity, and don’t go overboard. If you win – great, if you don’t – at least make sure you are not left completely empty-handed.