Before Conor McGregor ever faced Nate Diaz at UFC 196, he was first scheduled to face former UFC lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos for the latter’s belt.

Dos Anjos broke his foot and Diaz stepped in on short notice for a fight at welterweight. McGregor however recently stated that had his fight against Dos Anjos pushed through, he could very well be a two-division champion now.

LAS VEGAS, NV - JANUARY 20: UFC President Dana White squares off Rafael dos Anjos of Brazil (L) and Conor McGregor of Ireland (R) during the UFC 197 on-sale press conference event inside MGM Grand Hotel & Casino on January 20, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
LAS VEGAS, NV – JANUARY 20: UFC President Dana White squares off Rafael dos Anjos of Brazil (L) and Conor McGregor of Ireland (R) during the UFC 197 on-sale press conference event inside MGM Grand Hotel & Casino on January 20, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

“If I fought Rafael Dos Anjos, if he didn’t p**sy out of that last one and showed up, the shots I cracked Nate with in the first eight minutes would’ve KO’d Rafael Dos Anjos stiff,” said McGregor in a recent media conference call. “That’s no question. I would be sitting here right now as a two-weight world champion.”

McGregor could very well be right, we’ll never know. Since then Dos Anjos lost his UFC lightweight title to now reigning champ Eddie Alvarez and he’s currently in McGregor’s rear view mirror. But the former champ didn’t take kindly to McGregor’s boastful jabbering.

Dos Anjos took to Twitter to send a bone-chilling response to McGregor.

Check out Page 2 for the Tweet and the Video…

1
2
Previous articleEleven MMA Fighters Who Competed at the Olympics
Next articleGSP Says Conor McGregor & Nate Diaz Are Bullies