Wow, Manuwa just sent Anderson deep in to the bleachers…
During last night’s UFC Fight Night 107, we were treated to a number of great fights. From the preliminary card to the main event, the show was sprinkled with epic wars and nasty finishes.
You can check out Marc Diakiese’s huge KO here. Taking place in London, England, the card was crammed with local talent. One such homegrown fighter hoping to put a stamp on his performance was Jimi Manuwa.
Manuwa vs. Anderson (video below)
Coming off a massive knockout over Ovince St-Preux at UFC 204 in Manchester, ‘Poster Boy’ wanted to make it tqwo straight. Against Corey Anderson, Manuwa was faced with a tough wrestler who wanted to take him down.
The hometown favorite had other plans, and put a harrowing one punch KO on the chin of Anderson. Watch the replay of that brutal KO below:
— SHIKEN MMA (@shikenmma) 19 March 2017
After scoring his big win, Manuwa spoke about a potential fight with Jon Jones. Rather than what most people expected, Manuwa said he was not interested because of Jones’ alleged steroid use:
“I’m not interested in Jon Jones. Jon Jones takes steroids and now he’s been banned for steroids,” Manuwa said at the post-fight press conference (transcript via MMAFighting.com). “Before, I was a big fan of Jon Jones, the things he’s done in the Octagon and everything, but he’s been suspended for a year or something and he’s had issues before. He’s a great fighter. I greatly respect him, but he’s been banned for steroids and that taints everything that he’s done. So I’m not really interested.”
“[Jones is] back in July or something. [Cormier and Johnson] are fighting next month, so the fight could be made before he comes back anyway, so we’ll see what happens,” Manuwa said. “I’m going to fly to Vegas to meet with (UFC president) Dana (White) after this and we’ll see what happens.”
UFC Fight Night 107 Results List
- Jimi Manuwa def. Corey Anderson, KO (Round 1, 3:05)
- Gunnar Nelson def. Alan Jouban, submission (Round 2, 0:46)
- Marlon Vera def. Brad Pickett, TKO (Round 3, 3:50)
- Arnold Allen def. Makwan Amirkhani, split decision (28-29, 30-27, 30-27)
- Joseph Duffy def. Reza Madadi, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Francimar Barroso def. Darren Stewart, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Timothy Johnson def. Daniel Omielanczuk, split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Leon Edwards def. Vicente Luque, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marc Diakiese def. Teemu Packalen, KO (Round 1, 0:30)
- Bradley Scott def. Scott Askham, split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lina Lansberg def. Lucie Pudilova, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)