Mandatory Credit: USA TODAY Sports.

Conor McGregor is Back at it Again… The Notorious Has Been Arrested for Stealing and Breaking a Fan’s Phone, in Miami, Florida…

‘Notorious’ by name, notorious by nature. Conor McGregor might have over a hundred million dollars in the bank, but that doesn’t stop him from risking his future by getting involved in more legal difficulties, this time in the Sunshine State.

McGregor has been infamously arrested a number of times. His numerous brushes with the law have seen him spend the night in Brooklyn precinct jail cell, after the UFC 223 bus attack. He’s also been hit with civil suits as well as multiple citations for driving offences.

Now he’s been arrested again. This time it’s alleged that he stole and broke a phone from a random fan on the street in Miami. Ironically the Irishman had only just finished his community service for his role in the UFC 223 bus attack incident. He really can’t stay out of trouble.

Screenshot: Twitter.


The former UFC two-division champion was arrested for allegedly breaking a fan’s phone outside of a famous hotel in Miami, Florida, as confirmed by the Miami Beach Police. He was arrested and charged with criminal mischief, a third-degree felony at 5.56pm local time, as well as a charge of strong-armed robbery, a second-degree felony.

McGregor was being held at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on a total of $12,500 bond. It’s a far cry short of the $50,000 he needed to get out of that cell in Brooklyn, and chump change to a man that would spend that much on a watch or a new pair of shoes.

Mandatory Credit: USA TODAY Sports.


According to the arrest affidavit, the alleged victim, Ahmed Abdirzak was leaving the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami at 5.20am, the same time as McGregor. The hotel is the venue of the famous nightclub Liv. He attempted to take a picture of ‘The Notorious,’ who clearly wasn’t in the mood.

McGregor allegedly slapped the phone out of his hand, before stomping on it several times and damaging it. Then he allegedly picked it up and walked away with it. Abdirzak told police that the phone is valued at $1000.

Conor McGregor. Mandatory Credit: USA TODAY Sports.


The Irishman’s defence lawyer, Samuel Rabin issued a statement following the alleged incident. Rabin, who must be rubbing his hands all the way to the bank, said that his client was

“involved in a minor altercation involving a cell phone that resulted in a call to law enforcement. Mr McGregor appreciates the response of law enforcement and pledges his full co-operation.”

McGregor became a father of two in January of this year but doesn’t appear to have stabilized his personality. The volatile Dubliner is unpredictable and controversial as ever. He is currently serving a six-month suspension for his part in the UFC 229 post-fight brawl. He will be eligible to return in April and has been heavily linked to a match-up with Donald Cerrone. So far no contract has been signed, but he is expected to fight in 2019.

Previous article10 Fighters Who Made Careers Out Of Annoying Fans
Next articleWATCH: Conor McGregor Gets Released From a Miami Jail


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here