Jon Jones Has Sensationally Been Arrested and Charged in Connection With an Assault in an Albuquerque Strip Club Last April… Will He Ever Learn?
Jon Jones is one of the greatest fighters on the planet today. With a record of 25-1-1, he’s one of the most feared champions in the UFC. Jones has never really lost properly. His only blemish came as a result of a disqualification. Like everything in his life, Jones is at most risk when it comes to dealing with his own moments of madness.
He’s an incredibly self-destructive human being who has had a ridiculous amount of encounters with the law. ‘Bones’ has caused more damage to his own career than any of his opponents. There have been several incidents involving cocaine – Jones is a notorious party animal – and of course, that horrendous hit-and-run involving a pregnant woman.
The Albuquerque-based fighter has been stripped of his title an incredible three times, but each time he’s bounced back. Now he’s been picked up by police in relation to the assault of a waitress at an Albuquerque strip club last April.
Over the past year, Jones appeared to have stabilised his life. The married father of three has fought three times since being cleared by USADA. His most recent fight was a narrow split-decision win over Brazilian Thiago Santos in one of the biggest scares of his career so far.
Jones has been slammed with a single charge of battery following the alleged incident that went down last April. According to the alleged victim, Jones “slapped her inappropriately” and “pulled her down to his lap and kissed her neck. She also claimed that Jones put her in a chokehold and picked her up by the neck.
A spokesman for Jones released a statement about his client. They are emphatically denying that anything of the sort happened. Innocent until proven guilty right? He was supposed to have appeared at a bond arraignment back in June, but the letter bounced back to the court. Jones paid the $300 when it finally arrived on Sunday. He first heard about the charge through the media.
“Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address,” James Hallinan said in a statement sent to KRQE 13 News. “However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”
Jones is the latest in a long list of current and former UFC fighters to be involved in an incident allegedly involving a woman. Anthony ‘Rumble’ Johnson, BJ Penn, Greg Hardy and War Machine are just some of the names that have been involved in various levels of assault towards a woman.
Meanwhile, Jones is weighing up his options for his next fight. He has a deficit of opponents in the light-heavyweight division and has been linked with a move up in weight.