Boxfit classes becoming popular these days because it is fun and has numerous benefits. The classes introduce people to high-intensity cardio workouts using boxing techniques. The good thing is that the classes are suitable for people in all fitness levels.
If you are planning to join, then you should choose the best at a workout center that is ready to customize the classes to suit your fitness needs. As a newbie, this introduction article will suit your needs. Read on to learn more.
Benefits of Boxfit Classes
Just like any other workout program, boxfit classes have many benefits. They range from physical to social benefits. Here are the most popular ones:
- Excellent for cardio health – Boxfit classes introduce participants to high-intensity workouts that are good for heart health. People hardly notice they are working out because boxing techniques are fun at all times.
- A great way to burn calories and fat – If your current fitness goal is to lose weight, these workouts are perfect for the task. The coach or the trainer will give you an idea of how many calories your will burn per session. But you can tell it is effective by weighing yourself after a couple of sweaty sessions.
- Perfect for body coordination – Boxing techniques involve punching and kicking, which is a great way to enhance body coordination. Through a good coach, all of your muscles, joints, and other parts will learn to work in harmony. This is a plus for sports people, and also for anyone else.
- Adds defense skills – Boxfit classes also teach people how to defend themselves if attacked. Although the primary goal is fitness, the techniques involved will equip you with the best defense skills. It is crucial to learn as many defense skills as possible because you never know when you will need them.
- An amazing way to meet people – Boxfit classes are like dance classes in that you work out as a group with common goals. It is a great way to meet people and share ideas on different things. You never know, you could meet a business partner here.
Boxfit Classes Ideas
As a newbie, it is crucial to know some amazing ideas for boxfit classes to help you choose the best. According to experts, most classes run for 30 minutes to one hour because they involve high-intensity workouts. Choosing the best is fun and will help you hit your goals very fast.
- Progressive intervals – This is the best approach for a starter who is determined to get better and better. In one class, the players will start with low-intensity combos and graduate to more detailed ones as time goes on. You can repeat this for several classes until you can perfect the skills to focus on complicated combos only.
- Pair circuits – This requires you to work with a partner. It works well regardless of the punch, jab, and kick intensity that you choose. However, the trainer will guide the class on the time and intensity before switching roles. The goal is to have everyone in the class participate and work out, too.
- The drummer – This aims at creating a drumming rhythm with ten high and ten low punches, and ten knees to pads. You can repeat this several times until your hit the set time target. It is considered easy in all boxfit classes for both beginners and enthusiasts at advanced levels. The good thing is that you do not need a partner because a punching bag will do.
- Shadow boxing – A busy class without enough punching pads can encourage some participants to engage in shadow boxing. It involves punching and kicking in the air and also ducking an imaginary opponent. It is a great way to warm up as you wait for the boxing gear. If you are not in boxfit class, then this is also a great idea for you.
- Core boxing – Are you interested in toughening your core muscles? You can challenge your members through this effective approach. It involves punching while performing sit-ups but in a coordinated way. However, this is common in advanced boxfit classes because it can take a toll on your body.
- Punching drill – Lastly, let’s mention this easy idea that is regularly used in boxfit classes. It involves punching the boxing bag as hard and as fast as possible. Apart from helping you to work out, it is a great way to relieve stress, which is another benefit of this workout.
Customized Boxing Workouts
If you are not ready for group boxfit classes, you can talk to a coach to help you customize your workouts. This is common among people who can afford a private workout trainer at home. The main benefit is hitting specific goals within a short time.
A coach will work with you to write drills that you can complete within a short time, for instance, 20 minutes drills. With that, two or three cycles will be perfect. The coach will often work as your partner, especially to hold the punching pad or help with kicking and blocking techniques.
Choosing the Best Boxfit Classes
If you are planning to start boxfit classes, then you should choose a good one that is near you. It should be accessible either in the morning or after work. Luckily, there are many such classes these days and you can find them using Google search on a computer or your phone.
Another consideration to make is the amount of time each class lasts. For beginners, short classes of 30 minutes are best, and you can advance to longer classes later. Ensure that you are comfortable with the timing, especially if you have a work or business schedule.
Ensure that the workout center has enough resources to help you achieve your goals. The boxfit classes should have a qualified tutor, punching bags, and pads, and should offer gloves to those who cannot afford personal kits. Of course, these should be sanitized regularly.
Lastly, check the prices of the boxfit classes and ensure that it is something you can afford. Because it is a trend, some of the classes could be expensive, so take your time to compare what different reputable workout centers charge. With all of these insights, you will make the best insights on boxfit classes and enjoy its top benefits.